Wednesday 30 November 2022

Relaxing in Mauritius

 After a wonderful, but busy, trip to the continent of Africa I wanted to relax for a few days! I picked the gorgeous island of Mauritius and stayed at an amazing resort on the north side of the Island. Mauritius is quite small, and gets a lot of tourists from South Africa and Europe. So it was easy to get to from Joburg, but continuing on east will be annoying!

I arrived late in the evening at the resort, but they had part of the dinner buffet still open.  It is a lovely spot and I was really looking forward to exploring the property in the morning. It looked lovely in the evening at least!


II had mostly planned my stay for relaxing, and it was a good spot. There are two excellent pools, and a gorgeous beach as well. I spent several days just reading by the pool. Luckily the resort had a little give/take library.  Though there were not many English choices! I read almost all of them!

The other reason I picked this spot was for its diving. I had some friends honeymoon here and had raved about the diving. I signed up for two days and four dives with the company there, and it was fantastic. The water was clear and warm with lots of fish and turtles! The highlight actually happened between dives, while we were relaxing in the boat a pod of dolphins swam past us!  We grabbed our masks and snorkels and slid overboard to watch them swim by!


It really was a spectacular spot to stop and unwind after the busy African safari days, I’m all refreshed and ready to head to Asia to start exploring a whole new continent! My travel days is not going to be fun, I have to fly through Dubai to get to Singapore. Hopefully I can at least relax in a luxurious airport lounge!

No comments:

Post a Comment