Saturday 3 December 2022

Asia at Last

I am so excited to finally be in Asia, that is another continent I can check off the list. And I am in need of a bit of a change after three months of travel!

Singapore is just beautiful. It has so many tall modern building, but they have also preserved lots of old temples and colonial era architecture. 


I’m staying in a little hostel with my own “pod” to save some money while I’m here- because it is expensive!! I had a drink overlooking the marina and paid $20 for a beer!!!


My first day here I slept late, 24 hours of travel will do that to you, and then just wandered around. I passed a few of the iconic old hotels. Found a shopping centre where I had a late lunch, then ended up at the marina. 


I saw the statue of the Merlion, which is half fish half lion to honour the cities fishing heritage and original name means “City of the Lion”




I had a very overpriced beer overlooking the harbour, before heading back to my hostel. The next day I chose to take the hop on hop off tour of the city. It covers the various districts and drives up and around the botanical gardens. 


That night I went to the Gardens by the Bay, which was also hosting a Christmas Market. It was really fun to walk around the Supertrees and see all the holiday cheer- though I don’t understand why so many people had light up bunny ear headbands. 


I went up to the super tree observation deck which had a beautiful view over Singapore and the park. I watched the light show twice, once from the observation deck and once from the ground. They were very fun to watch with the Christmas music. 

1 comment:

  1. $20 beer will get your attention. love D xxxx

    ReplyDelete