Monday 12 September 2022

A week in and everything changes…

 I have been in England for about a week now and am quickly changing my plans. If you’ve been under a rock recently, the Queen died on my second day here.  To be in the capital during such a momentous change in history seems to good to miss. 

I have been in Bristol for the past few days, visiting with and Aunt and Uncle, it’s been wonderful. We visited the Cathedral in Wells- and heard the bells rolling for the Queen. I’ve seen a castle in Wales, Chepstow is a beautiful ruin of just everything you want to see in a castle!  And we went to Bath, the Roman rules were just wonderful as well. You can try the mineral waters from the spring, tastes like Iron.


 

Today the plan was to move on to Wales before taking the ferry to Ireland. But I’ve decided to take a different path. I’d like to be in London on Wednesday to see the Queens processional, so I’ve decided to go to York for two nights. I’ll slip back to London, and go see the Queen lying in state before I rush to Killarney to see the cousins on Friday. 

But, this is why I chose the unlimited train pass. I planned for this trip to allow me to have spontaneity, and this is my first chance to do so!   There is a fork in the road, I can go left or right. And on this journey neither is wrong! It’s just more adventure! 

No comments:

Post a Comment