Saturday 10 December 2022

Some More Singapore

Today I headed out towards Chinatown to start the day. It’s an amazing little district with a beautiful Buddhist temple, and lots of fun shops all along the streets. 

I did lots of wandering around, enjoying happy hour along side the Singapore River in the afternoon. I visited some of the fancy hotels, like the Raffles Hotel. I decided I had to try their Long Bar. If I was going to have an over priced Singapore Sling it would have to be in the bar that invented it. 

And wow, was it overpriced. But it was tasty and a fun experience. The bar is not in the original location anymore, but in 1915 the local bartender came up with the drink as Ladies were not permitted alcohol in public. So he created one that looked just like a fruit juice!





Also went back to the Marina Sands to watch their water and light show over the harbour. It is really spectacular with tons of water and laser lights. 


My last full day was more wandering, I started with Little India before wandering back towards the harbour. By the afternoon I had a cocktail overlooking the bay again before settling on an early night so I could pack. 


Seems like just a short visit to Singapore, but I also wanted to be at the airport early to check out the Jewel. It really is an amazing building with forests surrounding the open centre. The jewel is dominated by the 40 meter water fall from the oculus in the centre of the roof. It switched on at 10:00 while I was waiting, which I was happy to see it at full flow before I had to go catch my flight. 

No comments:

Post a Comment