Tuesday 24 January 2023

Sydney

It was a short hop flight from Melbourne to Sydney where I stayed with an uncle who lives close to Bondi. It was great meeting more family. 

My first day I explored downtown Sydney a bit myself as they had some work in the morning. I enjoyed seeing the harbour and the bridge as well as walking the parks along the shore. 

In the evening was a great treat, they took me to the Sydney Opera House to see La Boheme. It was an amazing experience and a beautiful venue to see a show. The woman playing Mimi just had an incredible voice- it didn’t matter I couldn’t understand her. She was singing music. 


We took the ferry into Sydney for the show, so it was really cool to see the city and the lights from the water when we headed home after. 




The last day was exploring the beaches! We started early with a morning swim at the famous Bondi Beach and had breakfast watching all the people go by. Then we drove north up the coast. 


We stopped at Long Reef Beach for another swim, and then stopped at an amazing little pie shop for lunch that is a local favourite. And they were delicious! After lunch we headed back home, where we finished the day with pizza and chatting. 


It was a short stay in Sydney, but I really loved it there! I’ll have to come back. 

1 comment: