Wednesday 8 November 2023

London Wrap Up

Well, I let time get away from me! So here is a quick recap of the last few days I spent in London.  My mother and I decided to see Westminster Abbey, we had both been before but it is so gorgeous it is always worth seeing.  I just love exploring history, seeing the old tombs of people who have made such a large impact on the UK.  There is also a new gallery that was opened for the Queen's 70th Jubilee. It is an extra five pounds to access, but it had been closed off for centuries before being "rediscovered" and has an incredible view across the Abbey.


After we were done there, it was a nice walk up to Trafalgar Square where we had reserved an entrance time for the National Gallery.  Art galleries aren't really my thing, but my mom loves them and this one is full of history as well as paintings.  It was a really enjoyable afternoon exploring the halls and seeing some famous pieces of art.


We had a simple evening with dinner near the hotel and then drinks in the hotel bar.  It was a really fun trip to England, and a great few days in London.  

No comments:

Post a Comment